Friday, May 27, 2011

Indy 500

One of my most favorite things about Memorial Day weekend is the Indy 500. Of course Memorial Day usually signals the beginning of summer and all that jazz but for me and many others it signifies the 500. I know cars making only left turns for 200 laps is not exciting to many people. I truly get that. For me, it is one of my top 5 sporting moments of the year each year. I cheer for Andretti Autosport mainly because Mario and Michael Andretti were my favorite drivers growing up. Mario only one the Indy 500 once and Michael came close many times but never made it to victory lane.







As a kid I used to go to the Indy 500 Time Trials every year. So this time of year always takes me back to when I was a kid at the track. I miss the loud engines and the sheer speed dearly. So to me its more than going fast and left turns. I understand whats going on and the race strategy. One day when the grind of my life slows down, I will get back to Indy in the month of May. I know it's not for everybody, but come Sunday at 11am cst I'll be glued to my TV once again watching to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment