Monday, September 27, 2010

Perfection vs. Gun Shy

In trying to create the dopest album ever for myself and listeners, it has obviously taken longer than expected. I actually thought the album would be available for listeners in October. That doesn't seem to be the case now as I am on my third revision of the album. As I started on this 3rd revision I asked myself "am I being a perfectionist or am I being gun shy"? What I mean by that is, am I over thinking what I am doing and taking people's opinions into account? I think the answer is a little of both. I know being on the level that I am right now I can't afford to lose listeners. The 2nd revision of Heartbeat was a dope hip hop album. There lies the problem. If I am going to catch a listeners ear, I have to catch them from the very first moment they hear my project. I can't assume a listener is going to listen 2 or 3 times before getting it. That's just not the music listening society we live in today and people have short attention spans. So I apologize for the delay once again but I promise the album will be worth the wait. Be looking out for new music coming from me in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment