Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kelly Rowland Here I Am (The Penn Review)

As I began listening to the Kelly Rowland's album I had to admit I was pulling for her to have a decent project. Correction, not decent, GOOD! The first track "I'm Dat Chick" was a complete miss to me. "Work It Man" was better but ok at best. I didn't hate it. I still dont see what the craze is over "Motivation" and even being a Lil Wayne fan didn't help me see the hype over that song. (His verse was sub par to me.) I was excited to hear the joint with Big Sean but yet that didn't do anything for me either. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to like anything on the album until I got to "Feeling Me Right Now". She got a lil kinky on that one so please pay attention to the words. I was diggin "All of the Night" even if it did have an Usher - Daddy's Home vibe to it. "Keep It Between Us" is easily my favorite joint on the album. She could have kept the 2 pop songs at the end of the album. I definitely didn't like those at all. Not even a little bit!

To recap, I liked 3 out of 10 songs. I did not like most of her uptempo songs with the exception of "Feeling Me Right Now". Bottom line, Kelly, you are better than what you released. I give her project a 1.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment